Happy new year! I had so much fun over the holidays and I wish you the best in the new year.
The past year saw a growth in the sheer amount of sewing I did. I made 46 items vs 27 in 2017! I can say I am growing more confident in my sewing, which leads to better and faster decisions – less unpicking.
- Dress: 2 adult, 13 child
- Skirts: 2 adult, 2 child
- Pants: 1 adult, 3 child
- Blouses: 4 adult, 2 child
- Underwear: 6 child
- Anarkalis: 1 adult, 1 child
- Pajamas: 2 child
- Quilts: 2 twin size
- Kurtis: 2 child
- Swimwear: 1 child
- Alterations: 2 adult
Some of these haven’t made it to the blog yet, as usual.
Dresses & Skirts:
I loved making dresses for my daughter but I was also able to make some for myself!
- My first ever pattern test for myself was this lovely mermaid maxi! I wear it almost once a week because it is so comfortable. And the best part was, I had to make ZERO adjustments to the pattern.
- My yellow anarkli was a big hit! I wore it twice already, love how it cheers me up with its color
Lillian has sworn off of shirt for now so I was able to make a few for myself. I used two different patterns but both are super comfy and work with my body shape.
- The first ones were Ellie and Mac‘s Every Day Tee
- Swim wear for Lillian for her swim classes were a good place for me to try reverse coverstitch – an interesting experience that needs more practice
Do you like to look back and see your accomplishments? I want to sew more for those that I have neglected (aka husband) and sew some salwar kurtas for myself. I have one in the works already but other projects took priority.